The Dealer Development Manager will be responsible for growing a territory by partnering with franchise and independent dealerships.
The incumbent will act as the first line of contact for them as it relates to issues in underwriting and funding within the territory. The incumbent will be expected to make dealer visits, cold calls and take inbound calls from dealerships to build relationships and capture the business. This will include signing up new dealerships, generating new loan applications and structuring/restructuring prime and non-prime deals as needed.
As an Area Manager you are the face of the Company with our #1 customer – our dealers. Your ability to leverage the relationships you build makes you the single most important factor in growing our business. It’s not easy – if it was, anyone could do it.
Your ability to provide best-in-class service to your dealers will determine the value they place in you and our Company. In this business, value equals success. To ensure your success, we provide you with the training, programs and technology you will need to help your dealers sell more cars and make more money. When your dealers make more money, so will you.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of strong relationships with dealer base
- Interface directly with all dealer personnel
- Act as a consultant/partner to F&I Managers to ensure maximum profitability for company and dealership through the sale of products and services
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin
- Act as liaison between dealers and Dealer Service Center where credit decisions are made
- Monitor ongoing dealer performance such as efficiency ratios, delinquency, losses, profitability, etc.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Attend training and maintain a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to the position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC Information Security and Bank Protection Act
- Completion of production reports as needed for management
- Provide best-in-class customer service to your dealer
- Demonstrated ability to develop business relationships with dealer principals and decision makers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Well-developed business management, presentation and relationship selling skills
- High level of accountability and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer service skills
- Dealership operations and product knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
We offer our team members a competitive base pay and uncapped commission structure. From a perks perspective we provide a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical insurance, a 401(k) investment plan, paid time off, team building events, Company Gear and unlimited internal support. Our training program is designed to provide you with the tools and resources you will need to succeed.